07/31/13 - 08/03/13 - Seattle (Kenmore), WA
09/23/13 - 09/26/13 - Watertown, MA
10/03/13 - 10/06/13 - Portland, OR
10/17/13 - 10/20/13 - San Diego, CA
04/07/14 - 04/10/14 - Berkeley area, CA
09/27/13 - 09/27/13 - Watertown, MA
Choosing Continuing Education
Face-to-face instruction or distance learning? Certification or certificate of attendance? What's right for you?
At one of our hands-on, face-to-face workshops, you can expect:
- Balanced instruction that develops the artistry and scientific basis of your somatic work
- Course designs and teaching methods that incorporate contemporary adult learning theory
- An emphasis on problem-solving, dialogue, and clinical applications not rote memorization
- Instruction from refined educators who are seasoned practitioners, and widely recognized as maternity, myofascial, and somato-emotional specialists
- Maximal hands-on time with meaningful, individualized tableside instruction
- Body mechanics that will increase your efficiency and sensitivity, and decrease strain and injury
- Content that is regularly revitalized by implementing ongoing studies and feedback
- An integrative somatic approach incorporating the insights of Tai Chi Chuan; and of Ida Rolf, myofascial and neuromuscular therapies, movement, osteopathic soft-tissue techniques, and other Western methods
- Easy to read textbooks that are rich in theory, research and informative graphics
- Detailed student handbooks to maximize retention and utilization of workshop material
Our staff, sponsors, and I are all committed to your learning and respectful of your time and money. We provide preparatory suggestions, a learner-friendly workshop atmosphere, prompt and on-track classroom management, and personalized instruction. You can get follow-up tutoring if you need it. We help to facilitate your on-going learning and practice success even after your workshop ends. Periodic newsletters, advanced workshops, individualized consultations, and our varied products and resources will extend your learning for years.
Regardless of which of our talented instructors conducts a workshop, attendees are overwhelmingly thrilled with their learning experiences; they refer most of our students. Our graduates are successful somatic practitioners. They are in private practices and in meaningful collaborations with physicians, midwives, chiropractors, and psychologists in varied medical, healthcare and spa settings.
For the ultimate in flexibility and economy, try one of our rapidly expanding distance learning options.
- State-of-the-art, multimedia internet technology.
- Energetic instruction that makes you feel like you are in an engaged classroom.
- Home study and on-demand webinar formats available.
Explore this site thoroughly to see the books, products, courses and resources available to you. I hope we will have the opportunity to work with you soon, and we welcome your further inquiry.
2008 AMTA National Teacher of the Year
2010 Massage Therapy Hall of Fame Member
Course designer, instructor, author & integrative somatic practitioner since 1974